Saturday, November 20, 2010

Things to be Thankful for...

Listening to: Newsboy - You are my King (Amazing Love)
Feeling: Genuinely Appreciative.


So I have been blog hopping for several days now. And, let me remind you, I'm loving every moment of it. But here I go with my confessions yet again. lol. Tonight, I've stumbled on the happiest posts and some that have really touched my heart. Some that make me very proud for me being me I guess. Married to such a great man, mothering a beautiful girl and this bundle of joy I'm about to bring into this world. Sometimes, I think we take for granted what really shouldn't be. We should be grasping life as it comes and grasping happiness that comes a long with it. Not only happiness; joy, love, and peace.

There are a lot of people out there that can't afford to be in homes, fed on a daily basis, or even clothed to keep them warm at night. Some sleep with holes in their clothes but it's nothing they can control. And at the same time, on the other end of that world, it's bright and sunny with people purchasing designer clothes, wrist watches that cost more than a damn house when on the other end of that road - there is someone HUNGRY!

I've stumbled on a blog of a mother speaking about the children they have lost. I see mothers speaking of their new journey of becoming parents (NEW parents at that) and let me be honest - I'm so proud of those people who HAVE the chance to become parents. I'm not going to lie either, I gave up a million times, before I got pregnant - I use to blame everyone else and including myself because I thought it was the world that was punishing me or maybe God himself. But, miracles work in different ways. And, I must say with the long road my mother went thru to have both my sister and I (I was born 2 months premature and my baby sister was 14 weeks premature) and let me tell you - I count my lucky STARS my sister is healthy today, from what she was to what she is today, and also I count my blessing my daughter is healthy and my baby inside is on his way.

I think of abortions that shouldn't even be an issue. But I won't go into that. It's too much of a touchy subject. But this quote "A person's a person, no matter how small." by Dr. Seuss reminds me of a little life that could be taken away because a parents' mistake not a childs mistake. 


I'm thankful for many things that I certainly take advantage of. I'm married to a wonderful man that I can honestly say wish I didn't take advantage of. But sometimes, I'll be honest, I forget how good he is. I'm a mother to a very active 3 year old little girl that looks at me and sees a role model regardless if I like it or not. I look at her and I see the world. Counting my blessings, after another 2½ years of trying and giving up, I'm expecting a new life that I'm utterly excited for, hands down. I'm a daughter to a wonderful mother who is ill and I can't seem to swallow the fact that she is. I love her for never giving up on me. A grandmother who did everything in her power to care for me when my parents couldn't.  Family and Friends keep me stable. and I'm thankful for all of them, and LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment